In This Episode:
* Sean and Tara McMullin, co-founders of YellowHouse.Media share the tools they use to run their podcast production agency* Sean shares the value of templates across a variety of tools* Tara sheds light on some of the “magic” tool
In This Episode:
* Sean and Tara McMullin, co-founders of YellowHouse.Media
share the tools they use to run their podcast production agency* Sean shares the value of templates across a variety of tools* Tara sheds light on some of the “magic” tools that help them make standout podcasts
* And they both share what’s working when it comes to tools for managing stress & anxiety right now
When I started my business over 11 years ago, the only tool I worried about was WordPress.
My business was my website and my website was my business. WordPress made it all work.
And while I still use WordPress to this day, there are dozens of other tools I use to run both of my companies. There’s my email provider, my web host, our community platform, the graphic design tools I use, the communication software we chat on… each tool has it’s purpose and place within the larger business.
This month, we’re going to take a deep dive into the tools that different businesses rely on to run.
We’ll talk software, systems, and processes—plus how it all works together.
We’ll talk about how things have changed, what’s stayed the same, and how to know when it’s time to switch up your tools.
And, we’ll talk with business owners that run different kinds of businesses—digital products, 1:1 services, and agencies.
Focusing on tools is especially relevant right now because many business owners are looking for ways to run more efficiently and more effectively so that they can boost profit or create new streams of revenue as the economy is changing.
We’re also trying out new tools to cope with interruptions and stress.
So in this kick off episode, I wanted to talk about both of those pieces of the puzzle with my podcasting partner-in-crime, my husband and the production coordinator for What Works, Sean McMullin.
Together, Sean and I run YellowHouse.Media, a full-service podcast production agency
that specializes in helping small business owners create standout podcasts that power their marketing and sales.
We’ll get into the tools we use to run YellowHouse—including how we set up client dashboards, manage projects, edit audio, and consult on content strategy. But first, we wanted to share some of the tools we’re using to mange stress and anxiety right now.
Let’s get into it!
Tools Mentioned In This Episode:
– meditation app* Rode Procaster
– Tara’s microphone* Audio Technica ATR2100
– Sean’s microphone* Google Drive
– documents, spreadsheets, storage, and more* Descript
– transcripts and audio editing* Headliner
– app for creating audiograms* Canva
– graphic design tool* Notion
– project management and organization tool* Squadcast
– remote interview recording tool
Some of the links above are affiliate links—meaning that we may earn a com...
★ Support this podcast ★